Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sleep deprivation

Many people ask me how I find the time to create so many items to post in my jewelry shop. Believe me, there is no spare time when you have 5 kids and are a SAHM taking care of ALL the housework and other work. It's exhausting. But the jewelry making is the thing I love and what gives me a few moments of peace and tranquility in my day to day insanity. So, I stay up for hours at night working on my craft and my Etsy shop. I fall into bed around 3:30-4:00am and wake up again around 7:00-7:30. I'm sure one of these days this lack of sleep is really going to catch up with me, but maybe I'll get lucky and collapse somewhere comfortable so I can take a 7 day nap!

I try to meet my goal of making one new piece each day and posting it within a couple days of making it. It doesn't always happen, and I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle often. But my sales aren't that high yet, so I hope maybe as the kids get older, things will get a little easier and my sales will pick up in kind. Hope being the operative word there.

I have to order a bunch of supplies now so I can continue creating, and I know I've only got about 10 more minutes before a fight between the 5 and 3 year old breaks out or the baby wakes up from his nap, so I must go before my small window of opportunity flashes by and I'm back to my regular gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment