Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 1 - What the heck am I doing????

I've never been much of a writer - I prefer verbality. (I also like to make up words and will probably be publishing a list one day so people can understand what I'm talking about.)

I'm planning to share with you the day to day insanity of being a mom of 5 from a 14 year old to an 8 month old all while trying to juggle several ventures that will allow me to stay at home rather than going back to corporate america. I spent 23 years working there and have no intense desire to repeat another 23. Hopefully I won't have my house taken away in the process, although I have been saving up large boxes just in case so we can have a 7 room cardboard condo if necessary.

This morning my sum total accomplishments include feeding the kids breakfast, emptying the dishwasher, starting the laundry and cleaning up the kitchen. But on the bright side, I've created a blog, something I've never even considered until this very second. I guess old dogs can learn new tricks.

This afternoon I hope to work on making jewelry while the young ones nap and the bigger ones watch a video. That doesn't always work out to my advantage, but I have good intentions. I have a jewelry website on Etsy called fivelittlegems, but I'll leave that informative discussion for another day. Let's just say I'm all for cloning because I need at least 3 of me to accomplish everything I need to do by the weekend.

That's all for now. See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment